Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/rangerrv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 281
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rangerrv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 281
One of the things that we absolutely required when RVing fulltime is some type of check list that stated all the steps you have to do when you set up your Motorhome at the Recreational vehicle campground.
We all went online and we weren’t able to find a good Motorhome setup checklist anyplace. Therefore we created a 13 step check list to help you setup your own Motor home when you travel to a campsite. We are going to include steps 1-7 in this posting.
1. Park the Recreational vehicle
* This may appear kind of self evident, however, you must park the Mobile home so that the electrical, water and sewer line hookups are on the same side as their hookups.
2. Level the Rv
* Walk inside the Recreational vehicle and pull out your level and assess how level the Motor home is actually. In case the Recreational vehicle is level go to step 3.
* If it is not level, then get some 2×10 boards cut to around one foot long and set them behind the tires along the side of the Motor home this is lower than the other.
* Then back up the Mobile home so that it lands on the 2x10s. It helps to have a spotter next to the wheels sporting a radio.
* If needed, increase and modify the 2x10s so that the Motor home is level.
3. Chock the Rv Tires
* Place some thing ahead of and at the rear of the Rv wheels that can keep the 5th wheel from shifting. We all suggest the plastic-type chocks simply because perform so well.
* Chunks of wood and stones do the job as well, nevertheless , you really don’t want to be concerned about the Motorhome moving so get some really good chocks as they do not cost a lot.
4. Place Down the Forward Stabilizers
* To begin with, loosen the stabilizer supports on the stabilizers.
* After that place additional 2×10 pieces immediately beneath the stabilizers and extend the stabilizers halfway.
* Next yank and drop the Mobile home stabilizer feet above the 2×10 pieces, replace the pins and then press the extend button so that the Motorhome begins to elevate off the back of the truck hitch somewhat.
* Look for a sliver of light between your Recreational vehicle hitch and the Motor home itself. And then tighten the stabilizer supports and make sure everything is stable and secure.
5. Place Down the Rear Stabilizers
* Just like the forward stabilizers, set down the rear stabilizers until eventually they just about get to the ground. Position extra 2x10s underneath the feet and after that fully extend the stabilizers.
* The more 2x10s you use underneath the rear stabilizers, the more steady and less rocky the Rv will be. Typically I place seven or eight of these beneath the feet to really make it extremely tight. Once you do this along with the stabilizer supports, the Rv will likely be as rock solid as home.
* When the feet are all the way down, make tighter your stabilizer supports so that the entire stabilizer structure is secure.
6. Detach your truck from the Rv
* Be sure you see sunlight between the hitch on the pickup truck and also the hitch plate on the 5th wheel Rv, then pull out hitch pin.
* If the pin gets stuck, switch the truck into Neutral. This minimizes the stress on the hitch pin so you can discharge it considerably more easily.
* Once the pin is discharged, disconnect the electrical line in addition to the emergency brake stop.
In our next blog post, we will complete the step-by-step list, so watch out for that next.
- Finding Cheap Travel Through Europe
- Can Quick Oil Change Shops Be Trusted?
- The Enjoyment And Ease Of Travelling With Campervan Hire
- The Best Reason to RV Full Time
- Getting the Best 4×4 Suspension for your SUV
- Very Best Static Caravans Available
- Use Auto Repair Winter Haven For Best Dash Trim Kits
- Finding The Right Cocktail Dresses
- Information On RV Storage Tempe
- Concentrate To Avoid Auto Accidents Post 7462.36